Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Blog is Born

This blog has been created to meet an enormous unmet need --for the Lehigh Valley to have a unified passenger rail service linked with NYC and Philadelphia. I plan on designing this blog -as not just something you will passively read, but one in which you can USE to effect change to get politicians to wake up out of their inertia. I will soon be posting elected officials' contact information along with letters/ information you can use to communicate your demand for transportation choices for our community. This blog will also inform residents to attend important events that will determine the future of rail in the Lehigh Valley.

Why do elected leaders think nothing of spending hundreds of millions on widening roads (such as a few mile stretch on 22) and hesitate when asked about spending far less on creating passenger rail?

Do not sit silently when some politicians or bureaucrats caution rail service could take many years. We must speak in a more powerful united voice and DEMAND PASSENGER RAIL NOW!
It is every citizens' responsibility to hold every elected official's feet to the fire. They have an obligation to prioritize this and PUT LEHIGH VALLEY ON THE FAST TRACK!

6 comments:

doug lill said...

Thanks Paul Marin and Bill Green for your great enthusiasm and work. I am with you and this movement to bring passenger rail to the Lehigh Valley!!

Mike Fegley said...

I love that photo of the Japanese train. Your taste is excellent.

I look forward to hearing about all comments on this blog!

Unknown said...

Finally, someone out there has decided to take this issue to another level. I was beginning to think that this would never happen in the Lehigh Valley. Take it from someone who has been living in the Valley for 18 years and commuting to NYC. I will back you guys 100% in getting this done.

Bill Green said...

Thanks Doug, Mike and Marcel.

If there is any info you have such as meetings, political decisions being made... let me know. I will post asap.

Bill Green

Unknown said...

It was very interesting to read that the State on New Mexico announced a new commuter rail line in 2003 and opened it for business in 2006 – just three years later. I am hoping that this will be the same for us PA folks if it gets approved. We are in desperate need of another option to get to/from NYC from the Valley. I definitely do not want to drive to work, and personally, although the bus is very convenient and reliable, I am ready to make the switch to a rail line. If not for me, then for the future generation.

Joe Rappa

Unknown said...

Bill Green,

If you don't mind, can you please send me your email address at JoeRappa43@gmail.com

I would like to include you in an email that I'll be sending out to more than 30 fellow commuters today. I am going to cc Paul Marin as well.

Thank you,
Joe Rappa